About the Human Resources Assistant position
The Human Resources Assistant performs various administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization's human resource department in support of company initiatives.
Human Resources Assistant responsibilities are:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department, to include billing and invoicing.
- Assists with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and other payroll activities.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- May assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Assist with safety and training functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Assistant requirements are:
- Associates degree (or higher) from regionally accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be organized, flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with all levels of an organization and manage effectively.
- Solid understanding of Human Resources functions and requirements.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required, bilingual, a plus
- Outstanding motivation skills and a positive attitude required.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
TW Garner Food Company is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. To the extent applicable, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a), and 61-300.10. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.