About the Process Line Technician position
The Process Line Technician performs various process line functions such as, filling, labelling, casing, wrapping, packing, palletizing/depalletizing, banding, sealing, capping, forming, printing, scanning, erecting, etc. The Process Line Technician is responsible for operating, troubleshooting and ensuring our equipment is operating effectively, efficiently and at peak performance at all times.
Process Line Technician responsibilities are:
- Report for assigned shift in a timely manner, in appropriate attire.
- Adherence to Garner Foods policies, FDA, GMP, SQF, HAACP and other applicable regulations.
- Operate production equipment in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to Garner Foods and customer specifications.
- Complete required documentation including production and quality assurance logs.
- Validate product information is correct, and check/report any defects.
- Use computer system to enter information, print paperwork, access orders, read and understand customer specification, and set-up assigned equipment accordingly.
- Understand equipment operation and set-up including start-up, product changeovers, shut down, etc.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues on equipment.
- Keep workplace neat, clean and sanitary in accordance with established policies.
- Package and handle finished and unfinished product (also according to customer specifications), with accuracy in weights, diameters and other measurements, labeling, pallet specifications, shrink wrapping, banding, etc.
- Operate forklift, or other equipment as necessary.
- Assure all quality checks have been performed, and product meets all customer specifications.
Process Line Technician requirements are:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior manufacturing experience, Food and or beverage industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of GMP, FDA, SQF, HAACP regulations and requirement, preferred.
- Ability to work in wet non-climate-controlled environment.
- Strong commitment to safety, customers, quality, and productivity is required.
- Ability to stand/walk/bend/kneel/crouch/climb (when necessary) for duration of shift assigned.
- Able to read, write, and follow verbal/written procedures, including computer based.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, weekends, if necessary.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, hearing protection, hairnets, beard nets (if applicable), gloves, and steel toe shoes correctly.
TW Garner Food Company is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. To the extent applicable, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a), and 61-300.10. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.