About the Financial Analyst position
The Financial Analyst will manage, analyze, and organize financial data in order to efficiently and effectively provide key metrics, information, and reporting to support internal and external clients, as well as senior leadership, in addition to providing financial recommendations to several functional areas of the company including forecasting demand for sales and operations. This individual will serve as primary backup for budget related tasks within the Finance group.
Financial Analyst responsibilities are:
- Acts as a business consultant, responding to and communicating thoroughly and efficiently.
- Assist in month end closing process with consolidation, variance analysis and preparation of presentations.
- Support the preparation and review of various financial models.
- Actively participate in the preparation and consolidation of long- and short-term strategic plans
- Support and develop control reviews for funding, operating expenses, pricing, and reserves.
- Drive profitability and efficiency by partnering with department leaders and supporting with analytical insights.
- Assist the FP&A team and other departments in analytics initiatives driving business intelligence strategy.
- Review reporting packages to maximize efficiency and support with automation.
- Support initiatives in coordination with the Financial group.
- Leads forecasting activities among sales, marketing, and operations teams to build demand planning models.
- Complete projects and other responsibilities as directed by Director.
Financial Analyst requirements are:
- BS/BA in Finance/Statistics/Business Administration is required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in analytics, demand planning, or other related fields strongly preferred.
- Expert level skills in Microsoft 365, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Proficiency with planning and business intelligence applications (ie, PowerBI).
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with peers and management at all levels of an organization.
- Strong strategic thinking and storytelling skills
- Proven ability to manage complex financial models a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Possess high integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
TW Garner Food Company is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. To the extent applicable, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a), and 61-300.10. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.