About the Sanitation Technician position
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for proactively providing a clean, safe, and sanitary environment for the safe production of food products in accordance with company policy and abiding with all food safety regulations, standards, and guidelines.
Sanitation Technician responsibilities are:
- Report for assigned shift in a timely manner, in appropriate attire.
- Adherence to Garner Foods policies, FDA, GMP, SQF, HACCP and other applicable regulations.
- Responsible for complex cleaning activities in manufacturing facilities
- Must be able to operate critical equipment, valves, pumps, Fillers, and production equipment
- Operate the sanitizing system to clean and sanitize equipment, tanks, and pipelines
- Disassembly and reassembly of production equipment to perform necessary cleaning, sanitizing, and reassembling of these pieces of equipment
- Clean processing tanks and vats
- Clean various items throughout facility including but not limited to weighing containers, scoops, totes, floors, mixing equipment
- Able to work safely with cleaning agents and high temperature water (120 º and above) OTC (over the counter) products.
- Able to log, record and complete batch record documents.
- Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly inspections on all equipment in the facility and ensures that it is maintained in clean and sanitary condition.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Sanitation Technician requirements are:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior sanitation experience, wet food lines preferred.
- Working knowledge of GMP, FDA, SQF, HACCP regulations and requirements preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Ability to work in wet non-climate-controlled environment.
- Strong commitment to safety, customers, quality, and productivity is required.
- Ability to stand/walk/bend/kneel /crouch/climb (when necessary) for duration of shift assigned.
- Able to read, write, and follow verbal/written procedures, including computer based.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, weekends, if necessary.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, hearing protection, hairnets, beard nets (if applicable), gloves, and steel toe shoes correctly.
TW Garner Food Company is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. To the extent applicable, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a), and 61-300.10. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.